How to volunteer
We are always looking for volunteers
We have an annual volunteer recruitment each fall, but are always on the lookout for new helpers. Most of our volunteer positions are during the day. Here is a list of teams you can choose from. Unless otherwise indicated, contact our Storehouse & Operations Manager May Lee for more information. Here is a link to program information and applications. Be sure to fill out a Volunteer Profile (page 4 of Volunteer Training Packet) and a TSD Volunteer Application (if you will be doing distribution), and send them to either May Lee or Jenny McCoy.
- Healthy Additions Food Assembly: Join the team to put together veggie bags, and heart healthy cereal bowls. Wednesdays, 1:00-3:00 pm at Southcenter Community Baptist Church Activity Center.
- SnackPack Assembly: This is where we put all the goodies in the bags that we will be distributing to the kiddos each week. Thursdays, 9:00-10:00 am at Southcenter Community Baptist Church Activity Center.
- SnackPack Delivery: Help drop off the carts filled with SnackPacks to each of the schools.
- SnackPack Distribution: Help distribute SnackPacks to each of the elementary classrooms or to our site for secondary at Sullivan Community Center in Tukwila Village (next to Tukwila Library) on Friday afternoons.
- Stuff the Bus: If you or your group are interested in volunteering for our semi-annual food drive at Saar's Super Saver Foods, email Jenny McCoy.
- Annual Auction Fundraiser: There are always lots of positions to fill for our spring fundraiser. This year it will be held April 6, 2019 at the Hotel Interurban. For more information, email Jenny McCoy.