How to volunteer
We are always looking for volunteers
We have an annual volunteer recruitment each fall, but are always on the lookout for new helpers. Most of our volunteer positions are during the day. Here is a list of teams you can choose from:
- Healthy Additions Food Assembly: Join the team to put together veggie bags, and heart healthy cereal bowls. Wednesdays, 1:30-3:30 pm at Southcenter Community Baptist Church Activity Center. For more information, email Annette Gomez.
- SnackPack Assembly: This is where we put all the goodies in the bags that we will be distributing to the kiddos each week. Thursdays, 9:00-10:30 am at Southcenter Community Baptist Church Activity Center. For more information, email Wanda Gentry.
- SnackPack Delivery: Help drop off the carts filled with SnackPacks to each of the schools. For more information, email Wanda Gentry.
- SnackPack Distribution: Help distribute SnackPacks to each of the elementary classrooms or to our site for secondary at Sullivan Community Center (next to Tukwila Library) on Friday afternoons. For more information, email Annette Gomez.
- SnackPack inventory: variable hours, usually on the weekends. For more information, email Wanda Gentry.
- Stuff the Bus: If you or your group are interested in volunteering for our quarterly food drive at Saar's Super Saver Foods, email Jenny McCoy.
- Annual Auction Fundraiser: There are always lots of positions to fill for our spring fundraiser. This year it will be held March 9, 2018 at Tukwila Community Center. For more information, email Jenny McCoy.